Monday, September 29, 2008

Some character sketches.

I'm trying to work out the designs for my two characters, Keb and Lindley. After compiling all of the images I drew this weekend, I realised I needed to focus much more on poor Lindley! Don't worry sweetheart, you'll get some attention too.

I liked her open mouth sighing face quite a bit, as well as the two faces on the bottom row. And her skipping for joy with the completely wrong body type, because it made me happy. :)


We watched so much Tail Spin over this weekend, so much. That's why, in the upper left, Keb's wearing a pilot jacket. The drawing on the bottom right is my favourite that I drew all weekend. I think it's the eyelids that I really like. How's that for being specific?

We also watched Destination Moon, a Tintin story, which explains the moon suit. I rather like how Keb looks in a moon suit, I wonder if I can work it in somehow? To what is pretty much a fantasy story with medieval level technology? No? He is also baking cookies, because baking cookies is incredibly cool. mmmmm.

His shrugging pose is perhaps the best body I've drawn in all of these pages, it looks like a little boys'. I think it's his belly.

How much does the professor want to get to the moon? A lot. I need to draw more interactions between the two characters, figure out how exactly they work together. Lindley is tall and thin like a tree, and Keb is shorter and stouter, since he's more associated with the earth.

No comments: